Since the origins of the heroes have been set with the individual movies as well as their recruitment into the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Avengers Initiative, I guess being thrust into an interstellar conflict for the first movie would make sense. But does it feel rushed? I don't know. The Hulk/Loki idea is straight from the comic's origin, but is Marvel shooting for something greater?
From an alleged casting sheet that Screenrant obtained...
What do you guys think?
As many New Mexico local residents as possible will be cast.
• This is a PAID job.
• No experience working as an extra or actor is required.
• All ages and types are needed, but must be 18+ to attend.
• Will accept non-returnable photos of kids that can obtain work permit.
• Come to the open casting call well groomed, and well dressed.
• Please bring a pen and photo ID.
• Photos will be taken at NO CHARGE at the open casting call.
• NO PHONE CALLS to the casting call venue.
“The Avengers” Extras Casting Coordinator
1000 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91201
Robert Downey Jr. – Iron Man
Scarlett Johansson – Black Widow
Chris Evans – Captain America
Chris Hemsworth – Thor
Don Cheadle – War Machine
Jeremy Renner – Hawkeye
Tom Hiddleston – Loki
Mark Ruffalo/Lou Ferrigno – The Hulk
Clark Gregg – S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson
Samuel L. Jackson – S.H.I.E.L.D. Director General Nick Fury
A superhero team called “The Avengers” do battle against two separate alien extraterrestrial humanoid life forms. The Avengers are a superhero team, consisting of a group of Marvel Comics heroes aka “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”. The aliens that The Avengers will fight are called “The Kree” and “Skrulls”. These two extraterrestrial races become embroiled in a war for ages that ultimately makes its way to Earth, and the Avengers unite to intervene with all their power and might combined.